Monday 12 May 2014

Stage 2. Research other illustrators/ designers. Classification by local, national and international.

For our second session we need research other illustrators and graphic designers because It is important that we recognise leaders and/or innovators in our chosen industry. These groups or individuals can be inspirational and ignite my ambition to achieve something in the field of Graphic Communication. It is also useful to be familiar with other practitioners who may be less well known but still produce competent work. So I need to look toward models of good practice.

I will do my research as 3 current international, national and local groups or individuals.

So... let´s go!


LOCAL


LIV BARMAN (local)
http://livbargman.co.uk/

She explains the intangible through drawing "silly" things.
I have found this amazing illustrator while I did my research of local illustrators.
She has been involved in a variety of projects from advertising to editorial that let her explore the possibilities of hand drawn type, forgotten inventors, cells, particles and the justification of putting eyes on inanimate objects (as Sara Fanelli does, as you can see in my earlier post).
I really like on her work the interpretaation of the things. The creation of the characters with crazy bodies and faces but full of personality. With a fresh line of drawing.
I also like the superposition of colors and the handmade typography.










SARA MAYCOCK (local)
http://sarahmaycock.co.uk


I was researching "illustration agencies" to be represented  when I discoverd this amazing illustrator.
I love her fresh and expresive lines.
Also I like the colors and the materials as ink, watercolor and pencils that she uses because I feel identify with them.
Very fast and spontaneus work. I really like it.










DAVID MCMILLAN (local)
http://www.davidjmcmillan.co.uk/Anorak

I discovered this great illustrator thanks to one of my colleges at uni.
He illustrates by computer and usually I prefer an analog style. But I quite like his style.
It is a very expressive style that looks as a colour pencil line. Very nice and harmonic colour palette as well.














NATIONAL


Marta Altés (national)
http://www.martaltes.com/

What can I say about this great and amazing illustrator?
I was lucky to share the same studio in Madrid for a while. She is originally for Barcelona but now she lives in London where works all the time as illustrator creating wonderful childrens book.
She also writes her own stories which give them life with color and very cute characters.
Very very nice pencil line and colors.
Enjoy it!













Alexandra Ball (national)
http://www.alexandraball.co.uk/grownup.html

I have just met Alexandra doing my research for national illustrators. And I just can say how nice and cute are her drawings.
Very soft, tenderness and delicate drawings. Very nice color palette as well.









Kristy Nalitten (national)
http://www.kristynalitten.com/

I found Kristy thanks pinterest doing this research. I liked one picture which had her name so I tried to find her website and here she is!
I found a very nice illustrator with a big portfolio ready to watch with attention.
She has a great children style. All all her characters are full of expresion and life.
She uses a nice color palette with soft colors. Very delicate.
I really happy to discover her work!
















INTERNATIONAL



Esther Gili (international)
http://www.esthergili.com/

Esther gili.. I think she is one of the first illustrators that I known. I found her work around 8 years ago because we studied at the same school of art.
And I think she is simply amazing. Her characters, her saturated colors, composition... everything. I really like her style.
How she transmits a lot of feelings in just one image.











Oliver Jeffers (international)
http://www.oliverjeffers.com/


I think if you ask me who is my favourite illustrator I would say Oliver Jeffers.
I really like... everything. I remember the first time that I had one his illustration books in my hands... it was my first time in London. In a "Waterstones" in front of Trafalgar Square.
And it was "Lost and found". It is just simply tender. Very nice story and lovely images. I thought he couldn´t make nothing better but everytime I find a new of his books I think is better. Also he is a great artist in several disciplines.
Also, last summer I had the great opportunity of take a part in a workshop where he teached in Valladolid (Spain). This was a great experience.












Kitty Crowther (international)
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/kitty-crowther

Kitty has a very expressive line with a naif touch. Usually her books are for children but they have a touch of darkness and adults humor.
I think she has a very nice work. Also handmade work as most of my research.







No comments:

Post a Comment